Wayne's Update from 2008-2012

News from a graduated student from 4 years ago now working in Taiwan

Long time no see, I miss everyone at the school!

I wish to thank you all for the chances to work with you, I have leared a lot during those years with Imperial Hotel Management College, and I much appreciate the training which paved my way into the industry.

Let me take this opportunity to share my story to all the students and to give them some words of encouragement.

I traveled back to Taiwan in October 2008, it was a disaster year fill with natural disaster and economic crisis.

I couldn't get a job first, but somehow I found the email of Regent Taipei Hotel's Chairman and I wrote a self introduction letter to him, and received an interview a week later.

That become my first job.



















 


 



 
































































I started off as:

Regents Taipei - Front Desk Management Trainee

In 3 months, got a promotion to:

Regents Taipei - Taipan Execute Lounge Supervisor 



 































 














My responsibilities include setting up F & B SOP for the hotel.  Shortly after, I transferred again and took up the role of the following:

Regents Taipei - Catering Office Sales Coordinator


 



























I left Regents in October 2010, and received an offer from Le Meridian Taipei:
















I was with the opening team member:

Le Meridian Taipei - The Latest Recipe Buffet Restaurant Captain

After helping them complete the opening, I received an off from the Everich Duty Free company in Taiwan.


Huan Yu - Airport VIP Terminal at the International Tao-Yuan Airport 
as F & B Supervisor/Director

I helped Everich Duty Free and Taiwan Government set up a whole new Private VIP lounge at the airport, implementing the F & B concept at the lounge.

After the completion of the project in October 2011, I got an offer from S.T.A.Y Restaurant in Taiwan:


S.T.A.Y A Yannick Alleno Restaurant 
Michelin 3-star Restaurant in Taiwan
Floor Manager/Assistant Manager
Opening and Concept
















After the completion of the opening of the restaurant, I received an offer from The Sherwood Taipei:


The website is going to be revamped soon.

Currently I am working at The Sherwood Taipei as Marketing Executive for F & B and Rooms. We are working to revamp the brand images and 2013 marketing plan development as well.

Once again, thank you Eric and everyone at Imperial Hotel Management College for sharing all the knowledge enabling me to go into the industry progressing well.

I will keep on working harder to reach my goal! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code: 'Hotel Wear'

Michael Jackson’s Most Memorable Hotel Visits